The Nirvan's road in the PCE-CD/TGCD version of Valis III
Also known as:
Perfect world temple, Nilvarn temple
Nirvan's temple (にるばな の じいん, Nirubana no jiin) is a location from the Valis series.
Sutherland's heart and Nizetti's home. The final test for all Valis warriors in order to reach Nizetti and ask him to release the full power of the Valis sword. Its infrastructure doesn't differ from the one of the earlier Sutherland, although it doesn't have any water current and is conformed by the way to its top and the top summit itself where Nizetti awaits.
The part of the temple that gives the name to the stage Itself. It extends a long way to the high summit full of enemies making the pass difficult.
The last part of the temple and the place where Nizetti lives, where he tests the warriors in this place. If the test is overcome successfully, the ones that did so can see him. It's situated in one of the highest parts of Vanity as space itself can be seen from here.
Nirvan's temple appeared in all the versions of Valis III, being the sixth stage of the PCE-CD/TGCD and the second half of the fourth stage in the Mega Drive/Genesis.
- Nizetti's guards (final test)
- The name of Nirvan's temple is inspired by "Nirvana", a state of mind and spirit liberation in the Hinduism and Buddhism, but It's also referred as a paradise.
- The background of Nirvan's road is one of the few backgrounds in the entire series to change progressively as the player advances through the level.
- The background of Nirvan's road is simpler in the PCE-CD/TGCD version, having only some clouds and a clear sky while the MD/Genesis one has its entire lower part covered by a clouds current most likely indicating that the temple is over the sky Itself.
- The Nirvan's temple's name is misspelled as "Nilbarn" in the american versions of Valis III, although this could be intentional in order to avoid religious references because of American game politics from those years.
- In the Genesis manual of such game, a graphic mentions that this place is somewhat connected to Valhalla from Valis IV.